Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 11:06 AM

Dear ZORBO,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZORBO View Post
How it goes?
What is the progress?
What is the result?
Unfortunately, we could not find the official document/sdk to invoke key-input feature of Microsoft input tools (TapTip or On Screen Keyboard). we may need to check it can be working with unofficial way as like sending the mouse click message to virtual keyboard as like user click on the virtual keyboard.

Quote:
Ok. Let me explain, I mean that file explorer is not in one style with UI of HD frame.
And I think that (& it will be great for AII) if HD frame works like "now works" when you use finger & touch screen, but when app HD frame will detect that there is no touch screen, it works on princype like in Median HD (I mean where the central part of the file explorer is the primary and all scrolling goes relatively this central part, and the choice or confirmation is made by button "left")
you can look by yourself in HD median.
Simply, you might want to get,
- the current style for touch screen UI
- iMedian HD style for remote control UI

It is not difficult to detect it is running for which UI. However, it is not simple to change user interface. And if we change it, some people like it but some are not. Each has different taste and it is difficult to make all satisfy. If we changed it, we need to make an option for users to select style.

Currently, our development resource focuses on our new products and there's not so much time used for update of HD Frame. We'll discuss this issue at the internal meeting for for HD Frame update.

Quote:
But how about this style: look full picture here:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/M...Y3lwM21Ga2RVag

its more lite and it is easier to understand and simple so that forces the user to focus not on the rough blank cd frames, while forcing the user to focus on the contents of cd frames.
THE developers-designers can vote for one or another kind of interface.
What do you think?
Simple round rectangle for focus instead of bigger CD frame. I, privately, think simple is better.

This is also UI issue and so an option maybe needed if we make it available. We'll discuss this issue at the internal meeting for for HD Frame update, too.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash.kim View Post
Dear ZORBO,

Unfortunately, we could not find the official document/sdk to invoke key-input feature of Microsoft input tools (TapTip or On Screen Keyboard). we may need to check it can be working with unofficial way as like sending the mouse click message to virtual keyboard as like user click on the virtual keyboard.

ok.
Maybe you can do such way:
make kbd.preset which can be chosen in iMon settings for soundgraph pad and which change setting of pud button (for example TAB) and then this button will activate some script which open hdframe kbd (just like U call kbd by finger). What do you think?
Quote:
Simply, you might want to get,
- the current style for touch screen UI
- iMedian HD style for remote control UI

It is not difficult to detect it is running for which UI. However, it is not simple to change user interface. And if we change it, some people like it but some are not. Each has different taste and it is difficult to make all satisfy. If we changed it, we need to make an option for users to select style.

Currently, our development resource focuses on our new products and there's not so much time used for update of HD Frame. We'll discuss this issue at the internal meeting for for HD Frame update.
ok.
People do not know what is comfortable for them, until you not to show them it.;-)
For the first stage U could chage only navigation (i think U understand what i meant in prev. post did U?)
Internal meeting its cool, i'll wait....the decision.
Quote:
Simple round rectangle for focus instead of bigger CD frame. I, privately, think simple is better.

This is also UI issue and so an option maybe needed if we make it available. We'll discuss this issue at the internal meeting for for HD Frame update, too.
its good.

i'll wait....the decision.
i can make some version of design if you want...

By the way what is the new products (is it soft or hard)?
Old 05-02-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
ok.
Maybe you can do such way:
make kbd.preset which can be chosen in iMon settings for soundgraph pad and which change setting of pud button (for example TAB) and then this button will activate some script which open hdframe kbd (just like U call kbd by finger). What do you think?
"The difficulty of control virtual keyboard by remote" occurs when we try to use other virtual keyboards, which is not designed for remote controller nor supports SDK/API to control it, than our own.

If we use our own virtual keyboard (as like virtual keyboard on FingerVU), it is easy to control the virtual keyboard by remote controller. We could make a good UI to make it easy to be controlled by remote control. For example, the arrow buttons (or equivalent pad action on iMON PAD remote) will move focus mark (big key or simple rectangle on focused key) and enter button to input the key.

This topic starts to be discussed because we hold making our own virtual keyboard because of several technical and coverage issues. And you suggested use other virtual keyboard as like tiptap.exe in order to sort out the language coverage issue. Now, it comes back to use our own virtual keyboard. Long trip but things currently needed maybe that we decide
- we will make the virtual keyboard for remote control UI or not
- if we make, when we restart developing it again and when can complete it.

Ok, I'll also make discuss this issue at the internal meeting for for HD Frame update.

Quote:
By the way what is the new products (is it soft or hard)?
I'm sorry but I could not explain the new product in detail at this stage. It's a soft/hardware combined product.

Thanks ans best regards,
slash.kim
Old 05-02-2012, 09:10 PM

ok.
About kbd: any way is good "let it be".
can U tell when will iternal meeting be?
so U have 3 questions to discuss:
1. kbd
2. file Explorer
3. design of UI
Thanks.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 AM

Dear ZORBO,

The next internal meeting for update of HD Frame will be take in June.

We have been released an working sample or a proto-type of new products every year in Computex. And most of development resource focus on it in May. Computex 2012 will be taken in June 5~9 in Taiwan. We might be able to discuss about these issues on HD Frame after Computex.

Thanks a lot,
slash.kim
Old 05-07-2012, 04:23 AM

ok. slash.kim Thanks a lot
slash.kim please cheсk you private message box.

Last edited by ZORBO; 05-07-2012 at 04:25 AM.