Go Back   Soundgraph Forums > English > Retail Products > FingerVU 436, 706 and 895S

Notices

Old 04-18-2012, 08:39 PM

Default Finger VU wireless set

Im thinking to buy the Finger VU wireless set, but first i have some questions to find out if my plans for how to use it will work.

I have a pc that i use as a typing machine, and a htpc that i use for all mediacenter stuff.
I was thinking to use the dockingstation with the pc for typing, so that the wireless screen charges battery and is in "wired mode" when i use it in this way.

Then i was thinking to connect the wireless dongle directly to my htpc, not trough the docking station, so that when i instead is using my htpc i use the wireless screen as a wireless screen.

This means i will be using the screen on 2 pc´s; on one as main screen with docking station in wired mode, and on the other in wireless mode with the dongle but without docking station, then used as a secondary touchscreen.

1. Will this work?

2. Can i use an 3 or 5 meter usb extension cable from my htpc to connect the dongle in a place good for transmission?

3. I was thinking to use windows 8 on my htpc, instead of your software, so that the wireless screen mainly is a wireless touch monitor for windows 8. Do you know if there will be any particular difficulties with this way of usage?

Kind regards

Orbert
Old 04-19-2012, 12:14 PM

Dear orbert,

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbert View Post
I was thinking to use the dockingstation with the pc for typing, so that the wireless screen charges battery and is in "wired mode" when i use it in this way.

Then i was thinking to connect the wireless dongle directly to my htpc, not trough the docking station, so that when i instead is using my htpc i use the wireless screen as a wireless screen.

This means i will be using the screen on 2 pc´s; on one as main screen with docking station in wired mode, and on the other in wireless mode with the dongle but without docking station, then used as a secondary touchscreen.

1. Will this work?
FingerVU 1016W+Docking system can make this usage scenario possible. The docking system has a switch to change modes wireless/wired.
If you set as like;
- The wireless Host dongle connected to mediacenter pc
- The switch of docking station to wired mode and it connected to pc for typing
you could use it as like;
- Use it as wireless secondary monitor for mediacenter pc, during the wireless device dongle is connected to FingerVU,
- Use it as wired primary monitor for pc for typing, if you disconnect the wireless dongle from FingerVU and dock it to docking station.
Quote:
2. Can i use an 3 or 5 meter usb extension cable from my htpc to connect the dongle in a place good for transmission?
The standard USB spec. recommends to use under 1.5 m length of cable because of power issue. If the 3~5m cable you said is well made to avoid power drop and so it can supply 500mA (meets USB spec.), there maybe no problem.
Quote:
3. I was thinking to use windows 8 on my htpc, instead of your software, so that the wireless screen mainly is a wireless touch monitor for windows 8. Do you know if there will be any particular difficulties with this way of usage?
It is not available. The touch device of FingerVU 1016 is NOT designed for working with Windows touch device driver.
One alternate usage is using our Touch Frame. If you install and run only Touch Frame and enable the setting "Use just as Touch Mouse" in tray menu of it, no UI engaged on screen but Touch Frame generate only mouse event with touch action on FingerVU.

Thanks a lot,
slash.kim
Old 04-20-2012, 04:22 AM

Thanx a lot for the info!

Sad that it wont work well with windows 8. Do you have in plan a software update that would fix this? Or is it not possible to solve by means of software?

Do you have plans for a newer version of wireless finger vu?
I would like to see a version with
1. capacitive style of touchscreen,
2. wireless dongle integrated (so it doesnt stick out),
3. possibility to charge with usb (or at least without docking station), and
4. something to fold out on the back to easily be able to place it standing as a digital photo frame.
5 possibility to work fluently with windows 8

Thanx

Orbert
Old 04-20-2012, 10:56 AM

Dear Orbert,

Quote:
Sad that it wont work well with windows 8. Do you have in plan a software update that would fix this? Or is it not possible to solve by means of software?
The meaning I answered is that the FingerVU 1016 is not a Microsoft touch device which uses MS native driver for touch device. However, by software way, it maybe work without problem because Touch Frame software official API's from MS, even though we need to test under Metro environment of Win8. We'll fully test our software under Windows8 before MS releases Windows8 officially.

Quote:
Do you have plans for a newer version of wireless finger vu?
I would like to see a version with
1. capacitive style of touchscreen,
2. wireless dongle integrated (so it doesnt stick out),
3. possibility to charge with usb (or at least without docking station), and
4. something to fold out on the back to easily be able to place it standing as a digital photo frame.
5 possibility to work fluently with windows 8
We don't have a plan to make new version of wireless model of FingerVU yet. Actually, we completed developing capacitive type of multi-touch screen and have a working proto-sample of it but we do not have a plan to release it as a retail product yet. We developed it and make business with it for OEM/ODM purpose until now. Anyway, those you said look very important points we need to improve for our wirless FingerVU. We need to deeply consider the things you said.

Thanks a lot,
slash.kim