Go Back   Soundgraph Forums > English > ODM/OEM Products > LCD products

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 04:52 AM

Angry Invalid time on display - Antec Micro Fusion Remote 350

Recently I have acquired chassis Antec Micro Fusion Remote 350. Lately have noticed an error which I cannot fix by myself. After turning the computer off, originally installed display shows invalid hour, by saying so I mean that numbers 4 and 9 look practically the same. As a result, when 4:44 should be displayed - we can see "9:99". This problem repeats everytime when "4" should appear on the display. When Windows is turned on, the above mentioned problem does not occur. After setting the date and time bymeans of iMon software installed in Windows, all date is displayed properly - till the moment of turning the computer off. I have tried to solve this problem by actuzlizing software, unfortunately none of available versions does not help at all.

I have tried to turn the display off (by means of iMon Manager) when the iMon programme is is on, unfortunately, everytime when I turn the computer off, the problem with invalid numbers reverts, without respect to the settings saved in Manager iMon in Windows. The display turns on and still shows invalid time, i.e. everytime when 4 should be displayed.

Change of the font in iMon Manager does not affect the font of displayed time when the computer is off. Besides, software update does not change the firmware of the display.

Below I list links where the problem is shown on a photo and some videos:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42837067/Antec/444.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42837067/Ant...ec%20clock.mov

Hardware which I have acquired:

motherboard: Intel DQ67SW

CPU: Intel i7 2600

RAM: 2 x 2GB Kingston

version of iMon Mananger installed from CD: 6

version of iMon Manager: 8.12.12.02

Firmware: ver. 0x380102

Therefore, I have few questions:

1. How to force the display to screen "4" properly?

2. Is there any possibility of displaying time in 24-hour format while the computer is off?

3. How to force the display to be off while the computer is off?

4. Is there any possibility to update firmware to the latest version by myself?
Old 04-12-2012, 06:38 PM

Dear cichy,

While PC is On, LCD display the contents using Windows OS Font hence user can change the desired font using iMON Manager settings. When PC is turned off there is no way to get font from OS, hence LCD use font stored in LCD Firmware.

Font itself Numbers '4' and '9' is much similar in the font stored in the Firmware hence it looks like LCD is displaying wrong time though it is displaying proper time.

iMON OEM/ODM LCD does not support FW update feature. Hence I regret to say it is not possible to change or replace font stored in Firmware since there is no way to update Firmware.

To turn off the LCD display when PC is turned off please check FAQ URL below
How to Change Display Setting When VFD/LCD Is Off?

regards

Gokul

Last edited by gokul.s; 04-12-2012 at 07:14 PM.