Go Back   Soundgraph Forums > English > Retail Products > iMON VFD (VERIS Elite)

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 07:39 AM

Default MCE remote does not work

I have an iMON VFD,and I cannot get an MCE remote to work. The firmware on the VFD is 0x3d, and I have tried multiple version of iMON Manager 7 and 8. I downloaded the iMON test utility, and no matter what key I press on the remote, the following is logged:

Button Down: 0x80 0x0f 0x84 0x1e 0x01 0x00 0x3b 0xae
Button Up

Has anyone else been able to get an MCE remote to work?

Thanks
Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 AM

Dear ldogg,

I’m sorry for the late reply.
First of all, please check again after resetting the remote mapping with “Reset” button in iMON Manager>Settings>Remote Controller.
If the problem continues, please let me know the followings.
1. If you select Pad remote, does it work fine?
2. All MCE buttons are not working?
2. When MCE remote is selected, can you turn on your system with MCE remote or Pad remote?

Regards,
Johnny HurDear Bort,
Old 03-07-2012, 08:11 AM

Johnny,

Thanks for your reply.

The imon pad remote does work fine. I have used the restet button in the imon manager multiple times, but it does not help. No buttons on the remote work. When MCE remote is selected, I can not turn on the system with either remote. The remote is a standard MCE remote, and does work with other receivers.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 10:35 AM

Dear ldogg,

I’m sorry for your inconvenience.
If you disable to run FrontView for VFD, please try to check again after enabling it.
Did it work fine at the first time? If possible, please install iMON with the installation CD.
We’ll also check this problem again in our test lab.

Regards,
Johnny Hur
Old 03-23-2012, 06:41 AM

I have never had it working. I just tried on another PC with a fresh install of Windows, and had the same problem. Disabling Frontview does not help. I have re-installed, and have tried mutiple version of imon manager with no luck.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:11 AM

Dear ldogg,

I’m really sorry for your inconvenience.
It seems that MCE remote works fine with iMONTest.exe. If iMONTest.exe can detect button signals of MCE remote properly, I think there may be a SW bug on processing MCE remote with FW 0x3d. We’ll check this problem again and and add it to iMON Manager To Do List. If possible, please use Pad remote till we fix it in the future update.

Regards,
Johnny Hur
Old 10-02-2013, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny.hur View Post
Dear ldogg,

I’m really sorry for your inconvenience.
It seems that MCE remote works fine with iMONTest.exe. If iMONTest.exe can detect button signals of MCE remote properly, I think there may be a SW bug on processing MCE remote with FW 0x3d. We’ll check this problem again and and add it to iMON Manager To Do List. If possible, please use Pad remote till we fix it in the future update.

Regards,
Johnny Hur
I have just bought a Imon VFD with this release of firmware and the MCE remote, exactly like described by the other user, doesn't work.

I do need to use the MCE remote and I have paid more than 60 Euro for it.

As I am an electronic technician, can you send me the chips with the correct firmware?

Best regards
Marco

Last edited by microfast; 10-02-2013 at 02:32 AM.