Go Back   Soundgraph Forums > English > Software > iMON Manager

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 05:55 PM

Exclamation iMon support removed from Logitech Harmony software?

Hello all,
My Harmony 659 remote stopped working with iMon, after I had to update the Harmony settings due to a new AV Receiver.
I used to use a device called "Microsoft MCE" as also indicated in the FAQ on this forum here, and set iMon to emulate MCE as well - this worked well for several years. But suddenly the Harmony software says it can't control the device "Microsoft MCE". The Logitech FAQ linked to this message recommends to use a device called "Soundgraph iMon" instead (and set iMon to MCE), but this does not work for me either.
My HTPC (Antec Fusion case) does not get any IR command.

Has anyone seen the same behaviour? I am quite upset that Logitech seems to remove support the "Microsoft MCE" device in its database, which had worked quite fine before and forces me to set up a new device - even if that would work, I'd have to do all the fine tuning for mapping keys as I liked them again.

I know this forum here is not the right place to complain. I have posted in various Harmony forums and am contacting Logitech support, but I would like to see if anyone else observes this problem - or maybe even found a solution

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:26 PM

I myself use the "Microsoft Windows Media Center SE" device in Harmony Software.
I suspect this replaces the one you had.
Most of the commands are there. I had to contact Logitech support to add some missing commands (refer to my posts here http://www.soundgraph.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10273).
Other than that it has worked fine.
For your reference - there is also another device "SoundGraph iMon" if you use the iMon pad remote controls rather than MCE commands.
noski.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:13 PM

Hello noski,
thanks for your reply. Did you update your config recently? I suspect Logitech has just recently (ok, lets say in the recent months ) changed this, I'm quite sure I was using the same device as you and it stopped working. I will check the precise name when at home...
Thanks,
TV

Last edited by TechnoViel; 03-22-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:41 PM

I did a quick test with "Microsoft Windows Media Center SE" and besides Power on/off this seems to work now - thanks a million, Noski!
I was actually using a device called "Microsoft MCE" before, and Logitech seems to have removed support as it is too generic (I guess).

Now I need to find our why Power toggle does not work....

Update: The standard setting for "Microsoft Windows Media Center SE" is to not shut it down or start it, it seems... after a few attempts it finally seems to work. I am now busy with the fine tuning, but main things seem to work well.

Again, thanks a lot, Noski!

Last edited by TechnoViel; 03-22-2012 at 07:28 AM.