Go Back   Soundgraph Forums > English > ODM/OEM Products > Remote Control products

Notices

Old 03-13-2012, 11:03 AM

Default iMon IR remote keypresses not always triggering events

Hello,

I have a Antec Fusion Black enclosure which came with a Soundgraph iMon VFD Display/IR Receiver. I'm running a clean install of Windows XP SP3 with the OEM versions of iMON and iMEDIAN installed.

The pad works fine to move the mouse cursor and to navigate menus in iMEDIAN. However, the other buttons on the remote do not work properly. To get any of the keys to register, I need to either:
1) hold the button down for several seconds or
2) press the button repeatedly

The small LED on the remote flashes every time a button is pressed and repeatedly when I hold a button down so it appears that the remote is sending a signal; it's just that they are not being recognized.

Does anyone have any insight to share with respect to my situation? As is the remote is basically unusable. Thanks in advance for your help.

Until next time, Colin.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:32 PM

Default No chance!

Hi,

I have the exact same problem with my Antec Fusion Remote (iMON Pad), though I'm using Windows 7.

I've read through this forum the past few days and seen a few people have posted this problem before. Quick test you can do is open notepad, enter some random text, then try to use the space/return/delete keys on the iMON Pad remote.

If you have the same issue as me it takes a few presses to register any of those, or a long press, and in many cases the keypress gets stuck, as if you're continually pressing the key. You need press it a few more times to stop this repetition and is apparently due to the iMON Pad not just sending a Keypress, but a KeyDown followed by a KeyUp.

I've not read any solution on here other than buying a Logitech Harmony remote and spending the time to program it!!!

Very poor product and solution for me so far. I'm going to search some other forums and see if I can find anything... Will post back here if I do.

D

Last edited by Dark1; 03-26-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:55 PM

Default It was Colonel Mustard in the Lounge with the iMon Pad

Found the problem to be the iMon Pad remote control itself. I tried changing batteries and "pressing the corners" as has been posted many times on this forum but none of that worked.

...So I decided to try an MCE Remote, I went for a cheap one on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-DE...#ht_1827wt_820

Then simply went into the iMon software and changed the Remote Control setting from iMon Pad to MCE Remote.

The new remote works perfectly, every single directional, 'back' and 'ok' press is registered, EVERY TIME, and from every conceivable angle in the room !!

I advise anyone having this problem to go spend £5 on a proper MCE Remote control