|How to open iMON Manager window?|
1. To open iMON Manager window,
|How to check SW and FW version?|
1. Open iMON Manager and select “Option” > “Version / Update”.
|How to setup volume control device?|
1. Open iMON Manager and select “Option” and “System”.
b) Vista and Windows 7:
|How to add new RSS feed source?|
1. Open iMON Manager and select “Option” and “News”.
2. To add RSS feed
b) To existing category,
4. Select where you want to display this feed in “News Feed Display”.
|How to launch Virtual Keyboard?|
1. To launch Virtual Keyboard window,
|How to hide IR Indicator on desktop?|
1. Open iMON Manager and select “Window”.
2. To hide IR Indicator on desktop,
|How to change monitor resolution, color depth and frequency with the remote?|
1. To change monitor resolution with remote,
2. Move with Arrow buttons and select resolution in Resolution Changer window.
b) Select resolution and change color depth and frequency to your favorite.
|How to Backup and Restore iMON Settings?|
1. The Location of iMON Data
2. The Location of Remote Settings (Key Mappings)
3. Backup and Restore Remote Settings
4. Other iMON Settings
|The iMON Device Disconnection problem with Game Controller|
When some games or Windows Control Panel’s Game Controllers is running, the problem that iMON device is disconnected and then connected repeatedly occurs with some models and some versions of iMON hardware.
This problem occurs because Windows DirectInput Device Enumeration API function requests the ‘device description string’ of iMON hardware even it talks to Windows that it does not support the description string.
In order to avoid this problem, iMON device should be disabled before the Windows DirectInput Device Enumeration API function is called. Because some games and Windows Control Panel’s Game Controllers call this API function periodically, it would be better disable iMON device before these programs are running and enable it again after exiting these programs.
[Tool and patch file]
One tool and new iMON.exe file are supported in order for users faced on this problem to make iMON device disable/enable easily. Please refer the following;
<< For iMON Manager Version 7.60.0521 or later >>
1. Make iMON Software up to date to version 7.60.0522 or later.
2. Download the tool file at the following URL
3. Unzip the downloaded file in the temp folder.
4. Move EnableDisableiMON.exe to the folder where you could easily access such as Windows Desktop.
5. Before running a game program, run EnableDisableiMON.exe first.
6. Enjoy the game.
7. After exiting the game, run EnableDisableiMON.exe again
<< For iMON Manager Version 7.40.0806 or before >>
1. Make iMON Software up to date to version 7.40.0806
2. Download the patch file at the following URL
3. Unzip the downloaded GameControllerProblem.zip file in the temp folder.
4. Exit iMON Manager and overwrite iMON.exe to the iMON installation folder. Run this new iMON.exe.
5. Download the tool file at the following URL
6. Unzip the downloaded file in the temp folder.
7. Move EnableDisableiMON.exe to the folder where you could easily access such as Windows Desktop.
8. Before running a game program, run EnableDisableiMON.exe first.
9. Enjoy the game.
10. After exiting the game, run EnableDisableiMON.exe again
A. On Windows Vista, UAC (User Account Control) window will show whenever EnableDisableiMON.exe is run because the administrator level is needed to enable/disable device on Windows Vista. Windows UAC can be disabled in Windows Control Panel.
B. Even during iMON device disabled with EnableDisableiMON.exe, the mouse cursor movement with the thumb PAD on iMON PAD remote and input the numeric character with the numeric buttons on iMON PAD remote can work, because only iMON HID device is disabled.